Free Christmas Things to Do
I am a huge believer in creating your own Christmas joy, not waiting for the right invitation or the perfect gift, not thinking if only I had money we could take the kids to Lapland or to see Santa at Hamleys. I think much of what we can do to make Christmas special need not cost a thing.
Here are a few ideas for free Christmas things to do :
- Browse a Christmas market. The sights and the smells and the whole atmosphere of a Christmas market are just lovely. Leave your purse at home and just have a wander, soak in that Christmas magic. What a fabulous example of free Christmas things to do
- Take a walk on a frosty evening to look at all the Christmas lights in your neighbourhood – blissful and bracing!
- Check your TV guide and ring mark some awesome movies to watch. Pop them on your calendar then snuggle up by the fire for movie time at home.
- Find a nativity service you can all go along to see – just gorgeous, they always make me smile.
- Is there an outdoor carol concert in your area? Nothing gets you in the spirit like belting out some Christmas songs
- Have a mammoth board game night and invite your extended family – always a good time, why not ask them to bring along some of their games too.
- Take lots of photos, fun and silly ones and family groupings too – it’s always a giggle to have a photo session and so worth taking advantage of the clan being together. Having lovely family photos keeps you warm in years to come and they make precious gifts.
- Christmas crafting. whether it be snowflakes cut from a sheet of paper, a sleight out of a cardboard box, Christmas crafting makes the best Christmas decorations and is always so much fun
- Christmas is a time of giving but think outside the box if money is tight, you can give your time, your love, your skills and your thanks, these are all precious gifts and undoubtedly the reason for the season.
- 10. Oh I have a bonus one for you here! How to make Christmas Bunting
I hope you feel inspired!
Here is a little gift from me to you …
There’s so much Christmas cheer around the internet at the moment I’ve got a little round-up of some of my favourites for you.
If Christmas crafting or activities are your thing then check out these Christmas Printables for preschoolers, egg carton Christmas tree craft, Christian Christmas Crafts and Reindeer Christmas Crafts to amuse the family this festive season. Or if a tasty treat is more your thing try these Coconut Snowballs. For a family trip out check out Waddesdon Manor Christmas lights festival. And to scent your house what could be nicer than learning how to dry orange slices, It is so simple!
Present buying should be a fun part of Christmas but when you’re struggling to come up with that perfect gift for a special someone it can get a bit tricky. Gift guides can be such a help. Will any of these come to your rescue?
- Men’s Christmas Gifts
- Teen boy’s Christmas gifts
- Yummy Mummy Gifts
- Fun & Educational Christmas Gifts for Kids
- Craft Gifts for Kids
and you can check out more of my thrifty Christmas ideas here.
More free Christmas things to do
How about using a free personalised poster maker to make a gorgeous graphic poster for someone you love with all their favourite things on? I have lots of thrifty Christmas tips do come and have a peek, You muight also like moy posts on a my charity shop Christmas