Baby showers are growing increasingly popular here in the UK and I have to say I would have loved one.
I actually hostedone for my sister and we had so much fun. All her female friends and relatives came along and we celebrated her imminent both with cakes, games gifts and heartfelt good wishes. There is a lot to love about a baby shower. It’s a real coming together of people who are cheering you on as you prepare for a new stage in your life’s journey. Fun, emotional and a real support baby showers are just brilliant!
So what gift should you take along to a bay shower. Well here are a few simple and inexpensive few ideas that will be much appreciated
- Gifts for the baby are always welcome and practical gifts such as nappies, wipes baby gros re always welcomed
- But mum deserves a pressie too! and maybe some soothing foot balm would be well received. You have to be careful with toiletries and pregnancy new babies but foot balm are a lovely treat
- A lovely pile of magazines and a good book for sleepless nights, lots of feeding and the hospital trip may also be a good gift idea.
- How about a funny DVD for those sleepiness nights?
- Or a chilled CD for those sleepless nights to come (can you sense a them here!)
- You can never go wrong with flowers (make sure they are not too heavily scented though!)
- Or how about a photo album filled with memories or….
- A blank one to fill in with all those baby photos !
- I love a baby wish jar which everyone writes a wish for baby to place in and would make a fun activity at the Shower
- Chocolate – nothing I need to say about that is there!
The wish jar and the fabulous babygro are ideas suggested at a wonderful site called Find a present, basically it is a present-finder gift search tool – do check it out it is rather fabulous! You can find more ideas here