Today – Woodland Trust Membership for Families
Woodland Trust Membership for Families
The Woodland Trust is Britain’s largest charity protecting our woodland and the wildlife that lives there.
Over 250 of our most threatened species depend on native woods for their survival. Yet in the past 70 years, more than half of our ancient woodland has been destroyed.
Isn’t that absolutely heartbreaking?
We just absolutely have to engage our children in caring for their environment and we have no better way to do this than to role model it.
Family membership is the perfect way to give to this fabulous cause and pass on the care and concern to out children.
Just £5 a month contributes to saving woodland locally and nationally. Becoming a member could be the single best gift you give to your family this Christmas. It is a gift to you all, a gift the environment and to future generations.
Woodland Trust Membership for Families from £5 per month gets you …
- A tree dedicated to your family
- Family welcome pack including British trees guide and woods directory
- Magazine with family activities and events
- Nature Detectives membership and welcome pack including passport, stickers, bookmark and activity booklet
- Seasonal Nature Detectives activity packs
The welcome pack, I have to tell you, is really rather fabulous: My kids were completely thrilled that we had had a tree planted on our behalf…not too far from us either (we fully intend to go and visit the wood and find our tree!)
When you become a member of the woodland trust you can help:
- Protect the countryside by buying threatened woods to save them from destruction by relentless development and changes in farming
- Give home to the endangered birds, insects, plants and mammals which depend on the woods for their survival
- Plant millions of trees, creating important new habitats for rare plants and wildlife
I’m going to show you the nature detective pack the kids get in my next post (it’s totally awesome and will really engage them in exploring woods on an ongoing basis.)
How fabulous is all that and like I said it would make the perfect family gift, it is educational, fun and you’ll be doing your bit to save our world?
The Woodland Trust membership for families truly rocks.
An amazing Woodland Trust competition:
Oh my goodness I have to share. This is the most amazing competition from the Woodland Trust. You can win £250 worth of prizes from their gift shop!
Bempton Hanging Bird Table
Seedling starter kit
Nature Detectives den kit
Colour in backpack
Walk in the woods jigsaw
Insect study box
Mini beast swatch book
Urban bird feeder
Woodland chums Nutmeg the squirrel
They will be drawing the winner on Wednesday 16th November 2016 and you can enter here
Follow The Woodland Trust on Social Media
I hope you have enjoyed this post on family membership of the woodland trust.
You might also enjoy my post on 10 simple ways to make a child feel loved
Woodland Trust Membership for Families is a collaborative post