Today – Tomato and Asparagus Ricotta Tart
My whole family are vegetarian and I love that schools all go for a meatless Monday. When friends tell me the price of organic meat I really do think we make a saving being veggie. Anyway here is a fab little autumn warmer for you.
Range cooker specialist, Leisure, has enlisted the assistance of TV chef Jo Pratt to create a simple yet delicious set of recipes. This quick and easy “Tomato and Asparagus Ricotta Tart” is a lovely veggie option.
Tomato and Asparagus Ricotta Tart
Preperation time : 10-15 mins
Serves 4-6 (Easy)
Ingredients for Tomato and Asparagus Ricotta Tart
· 10 spears of asparagus
· 375g ready-rolled puff pastry
· 250g ricotta cheese
· 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
· 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
· 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
· a large bunch of basil leaves, finely shredded, plus extra for garnish
· 4-5 ripe tomatoes, quartered
· olive oil
Method for Tomato and Asparagus Ricotta Tart
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/fan 180ºC fan oven/gas 6.
- Place the pastry on to a lightly oiled baking tray and prick several times with a fork.
- Mix together the ricotta, eggs, half of the parmesan, garlic, basil and seasoning and beat until smooth. Spread over the pastry base, leaving about a 2cm border
- Trim or snap the tougher woody ends from the asparagus, then lay, with the tomatoes on top of the ricotta, pressing down gently. Season lightly, scatter with the remaining parmesan and drizzle over a little olive oil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the filling has set and the pastry is golden. Serve warm or at room temperature cut into pieces.
Tomato and Asparagus Ricotta Tart is a collaborative feature
You might also like my recipe for:
and you may also want to check out my food blog at Eat Simply – it is packed with simple and delicious recipe that I know you will love
What is your favourite tart? I ‘d love to know – drop me a message below If you have one to share