Today – How to keep warm in Autumn
How to keep warm in Autumn – top tips
When your kids start to whine that it’s getting cold, rather than reaching for the heating, try these simply warming tips first and teach your h whole family how to keep warm in Autumn
Here are my ten simple ways to keep warm this Autumn.
How to keep warm and cosy this Autumn
- Never underestimate the power of a simple vest and layering with thin clothes will keep you warmer than one big jumper
- Cosy slippers help a lot!
- A walk or a scoot outside will make inside feel toasty and a dance around the kitchen will soon warm them up!
- Hot dinners like beans and soup and porridge for breakfast all work a treat.
- Spread rugs over wooden floors
- You could even make a snake draught excluder from old tights and googly eyes!
- Cuddles and stories under a blanket are just lovely for keeping warm
- Open blinds on south facing windows during the day to let in the sun and close blinds at night and curtains to keep in the warmth
- Get out those gloves and hats they make loads of difference
- Fill all the gaps around your windows and doors
According to the Telegraph
‘….the single most cost-effective thing you can do to keep warm and cut fuel bills …is to draught-proof your windows and external doors. Ten quid’s worth of self-adhesive draught stripping will pay for itself in a couple of weeks. Feel for draughts with the back of your hand, and if you’ve got a particularly wide gap, (e.g. at the corner of a warped window) stick one piece of draught strip on top of another until you’ve filled it
I found this Draught Excluder tape at Amazon for just over £5 – one of lots of great ways how to keep warm in autumn
Hope you are keeping cosy!
Further reading on how to keep warm in Autumn
I do hope you have enjoyed this post on how to keep warm and cosy this autumn without putting the heating on – it could save you a great deal of money so it is really well worth learning these tips
You might also like my post on ways to cosy up your home