When your kids start to whine that it’s getting cold, rather than reaching for the heating, try these simply warming tips first.
Here are my ten simple ways to keep warm this Autumn.
- Never underestimate the power of a simple vest and layering with thin clothes will keep you warmer than one big jumper
- Cosy slippers help a lot!
- A walk or a scoot outside will make inside feel toasty and a dance around the kitchen will soon warm them up!
- Hot dinners like beans and soup and porridge for breakfast all work a treat.
- Spread rugs over wooden floors
- You could even make a snake draught excluder from old tights and googly eyes!
- Cuddles and stories under a blanket are just lovely for keeping warm
- Open blinds on south facing windows during the day to let in the sun and close blinds at night and curtains to keep in the warmth
- Get out those gloves and hats they make loads of difference
- Fill all the gaps around your windows and doors
According to the Telegraph
‘….the single most cost-effective thing you can do to keep warm and cut fuel bills …is to draught-proof your windows and external doors. Ten quid’s worth of self-adhesive draught stripping will pay for itself in a couple of weeks. Feel for draughts with the back of your hand, and if you’ve got a particularly wide gap, (e.g. at the corner of a warped window) stick one piece of draught strip on top of another until you’ve filled it
I found this Draught Excluder tape at Amazon for just over £5
Hope you are keeping cosy!