1. What’s your name? Kerry Goodman
3. Where do you work? Home/office? Home
4. What childcare spot do you have? Baba goes to pre school all day on a Monday and Friday morning, he also goes to his Nannies every Wednesday and sometimes on a Tuesday depending on how busy I am and if it is the school holidays! He goes to his Nannies on Tuesdays in the holidays every week as I don’t have the pre school in the school holidays.
5. What inspired you to start your own business? People always asking for my albums to be made for gifts.
6. When did you start your business? March this year
7. Any start up fees? Nothing as I scrapbook myself so I have always brought supplies for that. I can get a few albums out of one pack so the cost is not a huge amount but I do keep on top of what I buying so that I know I am not over spending.
8. Tell me about your business? Scrapbookerry is a scrapbooking business, I make keepsakes and mini albums for people to buy and then put their own photos in, these can be brought for themselves or can be brought for gifts. Every item is original and there are various forms of mini albums available, with others being added to the collection regularly. The business has lots of other services to be added in the near future as well.
9. What are your aims for your business? To help people who love the idea of scrapbooking, and mini albums, but a don’t have the time to make mini albums, or just want to use them as gifts. We are all so busy now a days but we still like our pictures and memorabilia to be stored and kept but lots of people don’t the time to do that. I hope that I try to sort out that problem, as all of my albums just need the pictures added making the final process nice and easy.
10. Have you got 3 tips for any mum thinking of starting a business on a budget?
1) Manage your time, trying to start a business is really difficult with young children, there are always things that crop up, illness etc so plan your time effectively so when you have time to work, you work!
2) Have a plan, I don’t have a massive business plan, but I know where I want my business to be in a few years time. I also know the services that I want to be able to offer.
3) Get your other halves, family members, or friends to support you, as you will need help at times with childcare or just a good sounding board. Remember to ask for it as well.