Dr. Beckmann have a useful website and some good tips. Here are their top 10 laundry tips/
Top 10 tips for better washing
1. Always follow the garment’s wash care label.
2. Sort garments into whites and colours, then into groups by fabric types.
3. Empty the pockets, remove buckles and shoulder pads, close all zips and hooks.
4. Try to avoid over-filling the machine as it reduces the effectiveness of the wash and can cause over creasing.
5. Always follow the manufacturers instructions for the laundry detergent and your washing machine.
6. To avoid streaking and scuffing of jeans or corduroys or fading of T-shirt designs wash the garments inside out.
7. Remember that delicates need special care and silk and wool are best washed with a specialist ph neutral detergent.
8. If handwashing, remember not to wring, just squeeze out the water gently to avoid over creasing and miss-shaping.
9. If machine washable, place delicates in a pillowcase or net bag to prevent them from being snagged in the wash.
10. Always remove your wash load as soon as the cycle has finished
May I add never let your 3 year old put her own pjs in a the laundry basket in case a disposable nappy is attahced and somehow gets in your wash. DISASTER!
I was sent some travel wash and a colour run cloth by Dr. Beckmann to trial. Here are my thoughts
Wash your clothes anytime, anywhere
It brings colours up bright and gives you brilliantly clean whites in any type of water. Travel wash can also remove stains from clothing, by applying the gel directly to the stained area.
VERDICT: Seemed to work well as a travel wash /hand wash and as a stain remover it did the job, Cost £1.45
Wash all colours with confidence
Dr. Beckmann Colour & Dirt Collector is a clever cloth that attracts, absorbs and locks in all stray colour and dirt in every wash – protecing your garments.
VERDICT: Yes it worked ! It cost £2.99 and I was able to wash on 60 without any colour run. I would probably buy this as a security measure against wrecking my clothes!