Easy Cheese Quesadillas – Cheesy quesadillas are a hit in almost every household. These cheesy toasted tortillas are great any time of the day, from gameday snacks to light and quick lunches. Serve them as a delicious side dish on Mexican dinner nights. Grab your skillet because quesadillas are on the menu tonight!
Homemade Tortillas Vs. Store-Bought
Homemade tortillas just hit the spot; you can adapt them to your needs and make them ahead of time for the week. The beauty of homemade tortillas is that they can be made at any time of the night or day, with ingredients you already have in your pantry; flour, lemon juice, salt, and water.
If you have run out of tortillas and want to make a few more, remember to keep them 1/8 -inch thick; a tortilla press (like the one at Uno Casa) helps keep your tortillas uniform in thickness and width. Use store-bought tortillas if you don’t have time to make your own. They will work perfectly fine for this recipe.
Tip: Make mini tortillas for bite-sized quesadillas as a fancy twist to comfort food.
Cheesy Quesadilla Recipe
A stack of restaurant-quality cheese quesadillas in 20 minutes or less. Serve these cut into wedges with a selection of dips for the ultimate light meal.
Easy Cheese Quesadillas Ingredients:
- 6 large flour tortillas, opt for corn tortillas if gluten-free
- 1 cup of mozzarella, shredded
- 1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican Asadero, shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 – 6 tablespoons of butter
- Optional: Caramelized onions, jalapenos thinly sliced, chopped chili
- To garnish: thinly sliced chives
Easy Cheese Quesadillas Method:
The secret to making quesadillas quickly and with ease is to prep the ingredients you need beforehand. Prep a cutting board with a paper towel to blot any excess grease and a large bowl with the shredded cheeses mixed.
Once you have prepped your cheese and additional toppings, heat a skillet over medium heat. Drop a bit of butter into the skillet. Once melted, carefully place a tortilla in the skillet, sprinkle with shredded cheese and optional toppings such as chilies and onions. Top with another tortilla.
Cover the skillet for a minute, flip the quesadilla. Cook until the otherside is golden brown and all the cheese is melted.
Remove from the skillet and set down on paper towels. Repeat with the next quesadilla. Cut the quesadillas into wedges or in half. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve with a dipping sauce.
Tip: If you are making half portions as starters for a meal, use one tortilla. Place the cheese on half of the tortilla, fold the other half of the flour tortilla over. Cook until golden brown and crispy.
The Perfect Dip
All great meals have equally great sidekicks. These are some of the best dips to pair with your cheesy quesadillas.
Whether you prefer your guac spicy or not, this recipe is a hit every time.
- In a large bowl, combine finely diced Roma tomatoes, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 3 tablespoons of chopped cilantro, a finely sliced jalapeno, and a finely diced onion.
- Mash avocado into the mixture. Combine well and season to taste.
Skip the jalapeno for a mild version.
Sour Cream and Chive
Tangy and creamy is the best way to describe a well-made sour cream dip.
- Combine a 3/4 cup of sour cream with a quarter cup of mayo in a large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of chives, 1 minced clove of garlic, and the juice of half a lemon.
- Cream the mixture together until smooth and set aside in the refrigerator to rest for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the bowl with chopped chives and serve.
Traditional tomato-based salsa from Mexico has a subtle sweetness with a kick of chili. Try this recipe out.
- On a baking sheet, grill equal amounts of tomatoes, red pepper, red onion, 2 cloves of garlic, and 2 jalapenos.
- Place the grilled veg into a food processor, with 2 tablespoons of lime juice, 1 teaspoon of sugar, a handful of cilantro, 2 green onions, and 1/4 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- Pulse the mixture until thoroughly blended and incorporated.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and black pepper.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool down.
Crispy, Melted, and Delicious Easy Cheese Quesadillas
Whether you love your quesadillas with a bit of kick or a Tex-Mex dip, they are an easy-to-make meal or snack. Easily adaptable to your tastes, try a build-your-own-‘Dilla evening with assorted toppings from chicken to beans!
Cheesy Quesadilla Recipe is a feature post