1. What’s your name?
2. How old are your Kids?
Nathan 10, Niamh 5, Rhys 3.
3. Where do you work? Home/office?
I am starting to wonder if an office might be better but currently at home!
4. Tell me about your business?
I have just started up a business services business aimed at helping mainly mumpreneurs and small businesses build a better business through support and advice. It provides business blogging, social media training and set up, PR, VA services and site management.
5. What childcare support do you have?
I am quite lucky that I work round the children. The older two are at school and my little man goes to preschool everyday so I work round these! My little man also starts school next year so I can increase my hours of work then! I also work early mornings and late into the evening so as it doesn’t impact upon my time with them.
6. What inspired you to start your own business?
I started the Become a Mumpreneur course in January as I knew I wanted to start my own business. I needed to leave my part time employment due to financial and family issues and after starting this course, things have just fallen into place!
7. When did you start your business?
August 2011 so it is fairly new!
8. Any start up fees?
Other than the course fee and a website, no not really.
9. What are your aims for your business?
To build my business to support my family and help as many small businesses and mums in business that I can. I love helping and providing advice and I hope that I can help others to achieve their dreams along the way to accomplishing mine!
10. Have you got 3 tips for any mum thinking of starting a business on a budget?
1. Research thoroughly your business idea before investing any time or money. Ask friends and family what they think and get them to be honest about it.
2. Get a good easy to use website and make sure it is linked up to your social media accounts.
3. Do it. It is scary when you are thinking about it and not sure how it will work but give it a go and you will besurprised! It is hard work at the start but once you are established then you can work it how you want it. 11. Do you have a blog /facebook page/ twitter account?
11. Do these help promote your business?
Yes I have all three and use them all to promote my business and build relationships with my prospective clients! It helps to give them information about what I have to offer as well as the type of person I am.