Top value cheap priced birthday presents
Here are a few ideas. Focus on the child not impressing the parent or keeping up with the Jones’s, I guarantee they will like these gifts.
- A ream of paper and a pack of felt tips, can cost as little as £2 from the supermarket yet I don’t know a child or a parent who doesn’t love this.
- A bucket and spade may not seem much to a grown up but they bring ours of fun for a little one £2
- Scour car boots sales and charity shops for unopened games. Games are great gifts that give hours and hours of pleasure £2
- Make a couple of simple sock puppets with wiggly eyes and felt tongues £1
- Make a treasure map (teabags stain, burnt edges etc.) have your little pirate dress up and go hunting for their gift – make it their very favourite comic and sweeties and some bubbles which they find in stages along the way. £3
- Fill a little photo album with a picture of each of their friends and relatives. They will adore it and everyone will cough up a picture. Supermarkets sell photo albums for £1
- Sidewalk chalk and free rein to go for it on the pavements outside is a much loved cheap as chips gift. If the neighbours complain just hose it down £1
- If its your child give them some Birthday love notes: 1 might say 1 hour of TV another might say Pizza and ice cream for tea and another may say ½ hour on the computer or long trip to the park. They can cash them in when they like! (within reason) FREE
- A torch £2
- Glittery elastic and a few beads to make a bracelet £2
- Stacker cups £3 for bath time of building
- Stretchy snakes or plastic animals are thrifty fun! £2
- Play dough 3 pots = £3 (just do it on a tray and don’t mix colours…no problem!)
- A pack of big colourful snap cards £2
- Some seeed packets and little plastic pots £3
Say it loud and say it PROUD – Presents can be cheap AND fabulous!