*thanks for all your entires the winner has now been notified)
Half term play ideas from Kodak
Half term is now upon us and it’s a great opportunity to spend more time with the family. But how to keep the kids occupied throughout the holiday can be a nightmare for parents, especially if it’s raining outside. Kodak has a selection of easy to do ideas to help you keep the kids entertained while they’re stuck indoors.
1. Create a scrapbook Visit websites such as www.scrapbookinspriations.co.uk to find downloadable digital scrapbook designs which you can print. Or go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/barnabybear/ to follow the adventures of Barnaby Bear and print off a scrapbook of his globetrotting stories.
2. Print off a colouring book. You no longer have to make a trip to your local store to buy a colouring book to keep kids entertained. There are many websites which offer free, downloadable templates or software for colouring books to suit your child’s interests. Simply select the design your child likes, print off the page and they’re ready to go…. Don’t forget to ensure you have plenty of coloured pens or pencils on hand! Try http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/more_coloring_pages.htm or http://download.cnet.com/Kea-Coloring-Book/3000-18529_4-10360620.html
3. Noughts and crosses Kodak’s inkjet printers come with a range of embedded printable forms from music sheets to lined paper which you can print off at the touch of a button. If you have a couple of children to keep amused, challenge them to have a game of noughts and crosses. Simply make the selection on your Kodak printer, print, and you’ll have a sheet of paper with noughts and crosses for them to complete.
4. Easy kids recipes If your child loves to play in the kitchen and you don’t mind them getting a bit messy, why not let them practice their culinary skills and make some treats with some easy to prepare children’s recipes. Try http://uktv.co.uk/food/homepage/sid/7067 or http://www.cookuk.co.uk/children-index.htm. Or if you’re using an existing recipe, and are worried about getting your expensive cook book messy, why not take a photocopy of the recipe instead.
5. Make a photo collage Select some of your kids’ favourite snaps and challenge them to create a pretty photo collage for their bedroom wall or for the fridge. Kodak inkjet printers are designed to be so easy to use, printing your best photos memories is child’s play! If you trust them with your camera, perhaps they could even play a game of dressing up and take pictures of themselves for the collage. Your camera’s SD card can be inserted directly into your Kodak inkjet printer, so all they need to do is simply select the images they like and press print! Simple and fun!
Kodak’s easy-to-use range of inkjet printers have the lowest ink replacement costs on the market so you needn’t worry about how much you print. Independent studies show you can save and average of £75 a year on ink, based on printing as few as 4 pages a day. The savings don’t stop there as the more you print, the more you save, which makes Kodak ideal for families with children. To find out more about Kodak’s great value, and how much you could save, visit www.printandprosper.co.uk Or visit http://www.kodak.com and follow Kodak at http://www.kodak.com/go/followus
The KODAK ESP 7250 printer
This beautiful, of the moment printer came out last June. It is really clever!
Here is what it offers:
- All-in-one printer, photocopier and scanner with latest Wi-Fi technology and extremely easy wireless set-up
- Direct printing from iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Photo tray and intelligent paper sensor which automatically selects the right paper for printing a document or photo. Plus built-in duplexer for double sided printing if you want to save money and time
- Premium-quality inks and porous papers for brilliant documents and Kodak lab-quality photos that dry instantly, are water and fade resistant and last a lifetime
- 2.4 inch colour LCD display screen and memory card slots
- Great Kodak value! Replace all your ink cartridges for less than £20!
To win a FABULOUS state of the art Kodak printer worth £169 You simply need to enter this competition and share your best photography tip. Mine is to take a lot! For one entry simply leave a comment and for two please also follow me in Google reader and let me know you have. Good Luck! This competition will close March 4th at 4 pm. What a prize!
T&Cs: One entry per person UK entrants only please. Winner picked at random. Baby Budgeting’s decision is final.
Good Luck Everyone!
 As compared to leading consumer inkjet printers total ink load replacement costs using manufacturers recommended ink cartridges; excludes printers that use only one cartridge. Based on independent third party cartridge pricing survey data obtained Sept 2009.
 Results based on average ink costs of leading consumer inkjet printers using average annual print volumes of 150 4×6 colour photos, 800 text pages and 550 mixed colour graphic pages using standard cartridges available in single quantity pricing .
 Under all common consumer display and storage environments. Based on testing by Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR) on Kodak papers.
 RRP Pricing as of January 4th, 2011.