Between 5th and 13th March Sunrise care home communities are inviting the public to meet their talented chefs, sample their delicious and nutritious food and take home a free Taste of Sunrise Recipe Book when they take a tour of the community. The nursing home in Knowle just sounds so lovely and welcoming and I have to say their food sounds scrumptious.
They provided me with one of their Taste of Sunrise recipe books and asked me if I would like to have a go at one of their dishes.
I was a bit spoilt for choice but in the end went for the ginger and marmalade sponge.
85g caster sugar
85g self raising flour
85g orange marmalade
9g chopped stem ginger
drop of vanilla Essence
- Place marge and sugar in a mixer, whisk to combine
- Add eggs one at a time whilst slowly whisking and whisk in vanilla, slowly add flour.
- Add the ginger then mix on high for 2mins
- Line pudding bowl with parchment paper
- Bake at 160C for 45 mins, remove form oven and set to one side
- Heat marmalade in saucepan whilst whisking
- Remove sponge from bowl and pour marmalade over sponge
- Let sponge cool before serving
Oh my goodness it was delicious!