I am excited to tell you the Galaxy Quick Reads are out now! You can’t get much for £1 these days but you can get a good book!
The Quick Reads initiative was launched in 2006 to help the country’s one in six adults who struggle with reading , as well as the one in three adults who do not read for pleasure . Quick Reads has now distributed over 4.7 million books to libraries, hospitals, schools workplaces, parents, family groups and even prisons, where literacy continues to be considerably lo
I am a big Poirot fan so was excited to read the short stories and I have started A Baby at the Beach Cafe too. I love a quick read such a bargain for £1 and you only need an hour of 2 rather than days and days. These work perfectly for me as a busy mum and I have been keeping one in my handbag for waiting at tennis/football/swimming etc.
The 2016 titles and authors are:
• I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai (with Christina Lamb)
• A Baby at the Beach Cafe by Lucy Diamond
• The Anniversary edited by Veronica Henry
• The Double Clue: Poirot Short Stories by Agatha Christie (Edited by Sophie Hannah & John Curran)
• Too Good to be True by Ann Cleeves
• On The Rock by Andy McNab
Quick Reads is a World Book Day initiative to support literacy and reading amongst adults. I think it is rather brilliant!