Special diets should not mean no treats! These lovely truffles would go down a treat with everybody!
255g vegan dark chocolate
90ml Cocotein Coconut water or equivalent in coconut milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
24g Naturya Organic Chocolate Blend Powder
Directions 1. Place finely chopped chocolate in a mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, add coconut milk and microwave until very warm but not boiling. 3. Immediately add coconut milk to chocolate and loosely cover with a cooking lid or towel to trap the heat in. Do not touch for 5 minutes, then lift cover and use a mixing spoon to gently stir, trying not to incorporate air. Continue stirring until completely melted, creamy and smooth.
4. Add vanilla extract and stir.
5. Set the mixture in the refrigerator to chill uncovered for 2-3 hours, or until almost completely solid.
A good test is dipping a knife into the middle of the bowl to see if any chocolate sticks. If it comes out mostly clean, it’s ready to scoop.
6. Once chilled and firm, prepare a small dish of cocoa for rolling.
7. Use a Tablespoon-sized scoop or a Tablespoon to scoop out small balls, then use your hands to gently but quickly roll/form the chocolate into balls.
8. Toss in cocoa or cacao powder to coat and shake off excess, then set on a parchment-lined serving dish. There should be about 16 truffles, depending on the size of your scoop.
9. Enjoy truffles immediately, or refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight. This allows them to set and firm up.
Recipe from Discount Supplements supplier of protein