Recently my friend Helen’s beautiful daughter Cara was 5.
Luckily for us they would be visiting on her birthday weekend.
My children decided they wanted to bake her a cake with her name on to make it special for her. I am a very simple cook and I don’t to possess a full size cake tin (am now wondering where on earth it went!) We decided to make a batch of easy, can’t go wrong, fairy cakes .
How to make
- Preheat oven to 180 or gas mark 4
- Line tray with p[aper cases
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl.Beat in the eggs, slowly, and mix in in the vanilla extract
- Fold in the flour using a metal spoon.
- Add a little milk until the mixture is a soft dropping consistency and
- spoon the mixture into the paper cases until bout half full
- Back for about 10 ins(until golden brown)
How to ice…
Then we did the fun part and rolled out our icing. We used cookie cutters to cut out letters and a cup to cut out the circles From Renshaw we had received some lovely icing productsto review. These included the neon and primary icing multipack with lots of vibrant ready to roll icing, It was very easy to handle.
Here is our final result….`
She ate all 5 of her name cakes in the space of 3 hours and declared them delicious.
I think you can safely say they were rather nice (and so simple too!)