What I love about living in the UK
As a family we often consider how lovely it would be to live abroad in the sunshine. But being a mum on a budget in the UK does have MASSIVE advantages. Here are my top loves about baby budgeting in the UK…
- The NHS saved both my children’s life, and took very. very good intensive care of them without me ever having to worry about health insurance.)
- The NHS bought me together with other mums top learn about having a bay, to do baby massage and baby yoga and to weight my kids and guide my parenting over those scary first few years.
- My son is being supported with speech and my daughter with scar healing on the NHS and it’s free. Wow. They get their teeth and eyes checked regularly. No need to get extra eye or dental health insurance and we get free immunisations.
- We have libraries filled to the brim with books, DVDs and cds for us to simply borrow; there are singalongs for under fives and story time. Amazing resources available to all and free to use.
- We get allowances when we have children that help us stay home with them, the government give us savings to start them off, child benefit throughout their childhood.
- We get schooling that is amazing available to everyone and free day after day that teaches our children and provides them with opportunities.
- We have beautiful, council maintained parks where our children can feed the ducks and play for many hours of their childhood climbing, swinging, digging in the sand making friends and where we can sit and chat and watch in wonder.
- Our canals are fab and our kids can feed the ducks and check out nature often in the midst of a town.
- We have country parks and free museums open to educate and entertain out kids
- We have public transport systems that are great fun (top of the bus anyone?) and can get you around and usually free for a little one.
- We have lovely leisure centres and often free swimming for under fives and in some places under 16’s.
- We have car boot sales….everywhere!
I know there are problems and things us mums/dads need more of particularly when we are skint but there is so much good stuff too. What else can you think of.?