What are the The best free baby gifts in the world ?
Are you looking for the best free baby gifts in the world?
What are they, is it designer clothes, is it somethign they can keep for ever, is it a premimum bond full of possibility?
I have written before about how homemade, heartfelt gifts really touch me. I once wrote the notes to our wedding song onto music paper and framed it as a wedding anniversay gift for my husband. My good friend made my daughter a fabulous birthday cake when she was 1. My dad’s trilby was given to my son for his 3rd birthday by my mum. Some gifts cost nothing to give but give untold riches.
I bet when you think back to the best baby gifts you were given you recall a mass of clothes, perhaps a few expensive items such as a pram or pushchair and then one or two really meaningful gifts. I would love to hear what you consider the best baby gifts in the world to be? Can you find them in a store or do they need to be a bit more meaningful than that?
Precious baby gift ideas
Here are a few of the precious, meaningful gifts I recall my children receiving from their baby gift days that cost little but love:
- A very poorly friend hand painted them a Christmas sweetie jar it took her ages. She wrapped it so carefully. It was a HUGE effort for her. We will keep it forever and always. Isn’t that lovely the time and energy put int something is alsways so apprciated isn’y it. Lovely lovely Lynda.
- My neices made our little family a hamper of chocolates and biscuits one Christmas. They spent all day with my aunty working on it and they were so proud. It was so tasty but most importantly a real show of their love.
- My mum’s best frined Ruby knitted Annalise a baby cardigan in every colour when she was born, one for each day of the week. Oh bless her heart was such a fgorgeous old fashioned, form the heart gift Ruby is gone now but I often think tof theose cardigans with a smile
- Their Grandma Mary handmade them a wooden Chritsmas advent tree with cross stiched medallions to represent advent to hang on them. Totally unique and to keep for ever. what an interesting and lovely family heirloom to have cmade for them.
- Grandad repainted an old toy train of their daddy’s and made it all shiny and new to ride on. I lioove that it once belonged to their dady that makes it so precious donest it. Hopefully one day they will habnd it donw to the next generation
- Great Gandma gave some old pennies to the children when they were born that had been part of her wedding gift many many years before.
- I , well I wrote them both a secret song. The Mbuti who live in the forests of Zaire are considered one of the most peaceful communities on Earth. Mbuti women when pregnant will, decorate their bodies with special leaves and flowers to honour their body, the child within, and the event that has yet to take place. During the last trimester, they also spend time alone in a special spot of the forest, which the mother has chosen specifically for her baby. Here they create special songs, which they sing to their child within the womb. These songs are never sung or heard by anyone else. They are secret lullabies. Following this gorgeous act of love I made up songs for my children and no one but I or they have ever heard or will ever hear them. Now that’s a baby gift and a half!.
- Some gifts are just so special aren’t they? Look at this made by my husband with an old scrabble set he bought at a car boot. How sweet.
I so hope you have enjoyed a quick look at the best baby gifts in the world from my perspective!
Quotes on gift giving formt he heart
Great gift giving takes real wisdom in my opinion here are some quotes of great gift giving to inspire you
“For it is in giving that we receive.” ?St. Francis of Assisi
Every gift which is given, even though it be small, is in reality great, if it is given with affection.
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.
“It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.” ? Mother Teresa
The excellence of a gift lies in its appropriateness rather than in its value.
“No one has ever become poor by giving.” ? Anne Frank
“Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.” ?H. Jackson Brown Jr.
Giving on a budget
Gifts do not have to be expensive . take a look at my very easy shortbread recipe
Creativity and thought and a bundle of love make the best free baby gifts in the world . Not money.