Today – Best Baby budgeting tips
Are you looking for the very best baby budgeting tips and ideas?
When I started to murmur after having my son that I didn’t really want to return to work I got a lot of advice. I mean a lot. Buckets full of the stuff. Everyone seemed to know something about budgeting with a baby. Here are some of the best baby budgeting tips I think I was ever given.
The Best Baby Budgeting Tips Ever
- Tell people you are on a budget and they will stop putting you in awkward situations (and they understand when they get baby footprint pics for Christmas!)
- Line dry! Line dry! Line dry!
- Meal plan
- Breastfeed as long as you can
- Creative children need imagination and space not ‘stuff’
- Use ‘real nappies’ as opposed to disposable ones
- Parent and toddler groups are the best value EVER!
- Learn to love walking and save on petrol
- Learn to say no to social events and situations you can’t afford
- You do not have to impress your antenatal group with having cool baby stuff. You do not. Just be friendly and open. That’s so much more valuable.
- Little babies DO NOT CARE if you have a designer pram or if they have designer clothes. It does not make them happy or shape their future.
- Kids cost more as they grow up so do not blow the savings on stuff for now
- Before you turn up your heating try everything else ( layers, draught excluders, drink hot drinks and socks on!)
- Check every benefit you are entitled to it could make all the difference.
- Look into your mortgages , give your advisor a call. can you reduce payments, have a break, change the type of mortgage you have. Its the biggest expense you have changes could hugely effect your back to work decisions.
- Advice may be free but do not listen to all the advice you are given (except that from your health visitor)
- If someone asks what your baby would like for their christening/birthday/Christmas be specific (swimming lessons, a high chair, new bibs, first shoes are all money saving options)
The funniest of the best baby budgeting tips
All good advice I think you will agree. This one was a cracker….
Stop worrying about your own hair or clothes and how you will afford to keep up, no ones looking at you any more anyway! (How charming!)
The best Baby Budgeting tips are just common sense but having a baby can send this out the window. Keep talking about money with your partner/family, share your best baby budgeting tips with others and try and keep on a good baby budgeting track.
I write a lot about ways to save when you have a baby and a lot about ways to make extra money. Do subscribe to my blog and keep yourselves updated
Over to you for your best baby budgeting tips
I would love to hear your favourite best baby budgeting tips – what do you have to add to this list? I think it is just so important to share what we know and build conversations and communities around money saving.