Have you heard of Take Time to Pay at Toys ‘R’ Us?
It’s a new idea for Christmas to make life a little easier for parents.
The scheme encourages you to get your Christmas shopping done and out the way early. There’s no interest added to your purchases or anything like that. It’s just a really simple concept where you can shop as soon as you want and they will store it for you till nearer Christmas. You simply pay £5 for the service and 20% off your full payment. You can choose reservation terms and choose to pay in instalments.
You can find the full details here.
There are many benefits to this scheme for someone like me (and you !)
- I like to really enjoy the Christmas season: school concerts, seeing family, decorating and baking and the pressure of shopping last minute can really get in the way of that . Getting the shopping done and out the way means I really will be able to make the very most of the season rather than trawling around the shops.
- My house is pretty small and having a stash of presents to store for months in advance is just…annoying. The fact I can collect them in December is just brilliant as it means will only have them in the house for a short time.
- Shopping this way means you can cherry pick the gifts you want to buy before they run out. Do you remember all the fuss with Hatchimals last year? My daughter had one firmly at the top of her Christmas list and I just could not get one. I was literally stalking websites daily to see which shops had taken delivery. It was so time consuming ( and a bit stressful too.)
- Christmas is expensive and being able to spread the cost is really helpful. Being mindful about money has always been the very best way of managing it and this scheme stops last minute rush buying and overspending and allows you to spread the cost and take time to pay.
So what did I buy?
Well I actually shopped for my many nephews and nieces. The store was pretty empty, the shelves were fully stocked an it was a pleasure. The staff at Toys ‘R’ Us are always so helpful and the process of sorting out Take Time to Pay scheme took just 5 minutes at the checkout.
I will be back to collect early December and I have a huge feeling of relief that my shopping has started.
My shopping list
I bought a few sets of Ninjago Lego ( the movie is out soon and I know this Lego is going to be uber popular this Christmas) There is currently up to 1/3 off Ninjago sets at Toys’R’ Us so this is a great time to buy!
A talking money box Tardis
Isn’t this fun? I love to encourage kids to save money and this is a great way to do that!
Upwords (a kind of 3d Scrabble) – I love giving board games
A tin can cable car kit
Oh how I love these kits. Just £12.99 too! I bought a couple including a salt water activated robot tin can set!
An Aerobie Orbiter Boomerang
I am a big fan of outdoor play and this boomerang is apparently one that does REALLY come back. What a great pressie for my nephews.
I also bought a dream catcher crafting set, a Star Wars boom boom balloon game and a Hexbug Nano Bridge Set (currently half price at £14.98.)
So just to recap all you have to do to join in with the Take Time to Pay Scheme is …
1. Find your nearest store
2. Select your items
3. Pay a 20% deposit
4. Collect your shopping 4 – 12 weeks later and pay the final amount.
I like everything about this straightforward and useful scheme.
It was rather lovely leaving the store knowing my shopping was done and I didn’t have to find a place to store it all!