Let’s look at 10 reasons to visit Lanzarote
Ah summer has ended and there is a distinct chill in the air. I am not ready to say goodbye to the sunshine just yet though, are you?
I have just been considering booking a holiday for October half term and I have been thinking about where might still have good weather and offer up some fabulous beaches. Lanzarote sprang straight to my mind.
Lanzarote is a breathtaking and beautiful destination just off the West Coast of Africa. Spanish is widely spoken but English holiday makers are common so you would get by! It is popular with holiday makers for so many reasons.
It has been quite sometime since I have been to the Canary Islands but my memories are warm and happy ones and I would have no hesitation in suggesting them as a great family friendly destination.
So what is so good about Lanzarote and why is it that people return there year after year?
10 reasons to visit Lanzarote
Lanzarote rose from the sea during a massive volcanic eruption some 15 million years ago
I have 10 fabulous reasons to visit Lanzarote (but I know there really are many more.)
- The beaches are beautiful; long and sandy and just a complete delight. How lovely when it’s cold and grey here to soak upt he sun on a beautiful beach half a world away.
- There are gorgeous Yacht harbours which are wonderful to visit and see how the other half live.
- The weather is wonderful – in fact there is year round sunshine which is just a dream of mine!
- The food is diverse,fabulous and fresh with seafood and Moroccan food both being specialities.
- You can get the most stunning villas in Lanzarote and these are a lovely way for families to really be able to relax, to self cater and to have private and peaceful times together.
- There are spectacular volcanic remains and an awe inspiring landscape as a result. The scenery really is breathtaking. Did you know Lanzarote was actually created as a result of early volcanic activity?
- You can find exhilarating and exciting water sports in Lanzarote from windsurfing to jet ski’s , paragliding to a banana boat. Not for the feint-hearted! For those of you more like me who prefer their sea faring to be a bit more sedate a glass bottomed Catamarang is a lovely way to explore. The Lanzarote seabed is said to be spectacular and diving is a really popular activity as a way to see the wonderful sea-life.
- The island has a rich cultural history including art, literature and music. The famous Visual Music Festival takes place in the awesome volcanic caves of Lanzarote’s amazing nature attractions Jameos del Agua and Cueva de los Verdes . How special would that be!
- There are gorgeous mountain ranges and hidden villages to explore all over Lanzarote giving you a reason to return again and again,
- There are water parks to play in, national parks to discover, vineyards to visit and a host of other fabulous attractions too which will keep the entire family happy,
Pretty impressive and a compelling list of reasons to visit Lanzarote
10 reasons to visit Lanzarote is a collaborative post