My kids really should know a thing or two about saving money I go on about it enough! Here’s their top 10 thrifty tips …..
· Use paper on both sides
· Homemade food tastes better and saves money
· Grow your own food instead of buying it then replant the seeds you get form these plants
· Use your recycling box to craft with
· Sometimes take showers to save money and don’t leave the taps running
· Buy books form charity shops as its recycling and saving money and its giving to charity (win win win)
· Hand things down and pass them on, saves money and recycling and people often return the favour!)
· Eat up food before it goes off (like fruit)
· Be creative, use what you already have rather than buying new
· Put the lids on your felt tips!
My kids are 6 and 9 and these are their ideas for keeping a thrifty home. Whys don’t you have this conversation with your kids and see if they can come up with 10 thrifty ideas. It can be a great conversation starter.